GeneCare Genetic Care Centre
Registered genetic counsellors and a group of clinicians with extensive experience in the application of genetic testing are actively involved in professional development through CPD-accredited workshops and one-on-one training of healthcare practitioners. These activities have already empowered numerous healthcare practitioners to not only provide guidance on the appropriateness of genetic testing to the public, but also to remain involved with the implementation phase following genetic testing.
For more information about the appropriateness of genetic testing or the test procedure please feel free to e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
The following steps are required to request a test online:
1) REGISTER ONLINE: Register / Login with your unique password at www.gknowmix.com by choosing the option "Registered Healthcare Practitioner". Please provide your practice number. Clients who register as a “Member of the Public” will be required to provide the name and e-mail address of the referring clinician or a genetic counsellor (may use firstname.lastname@example.org).
2) REQUEST A GENETIC SERVICE ONLINE: Click the button "Request a Service" and choose the required GeneSreen or request genetic counselling online if the patient requires more information.
3) PROVIDE THE NECESSARY INFORMATION: Under Service Options, select the required test type in the first line of the online form and complete the screens for the patient as far as possible. If the patient does not have an email address please provide your practice email address. Some of the pathology results may not be available at the time when the test is requested and may be added at a later stage by editing the profile.
4) PAYMENT: Click the button to view the quote with the price and relevant medical aid tariff codes. To complete the test request press “Accept and Save Changes” indicated in the middle of the quote that will also be e-mailed to the patient.
5) SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND TRANSPORT: Please click the button "Sample ready for collection" to arrange for sample pick-up or e-mail email@example.com. EDTA blood (purple top tube) can be used for all DNA tests or a test kit can be requested from the participating laboratory. All samples are transported at room temperature.