With Members of the Public
Please Note, we do not offer genetic testing directly to members of the public unless it is through their own Registered Healthcare Practitioner or a registered Geneticist/Counsellor.
Gknowmix interacts with healthcare practitioners in a number of fields, including general practitioners, physicians, oncologists, surgeons, gynaecologists, dieticians, specialist nurses, pathologists and genetic counsellors.
Logging in / Registering
- In your browser navigate to http://www.gknowmix.com.
- Click on the Login | Register button on the top right hand side of the screen.
- If you have already registered, fill in your email address and password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- If you have not yet registered, click on the ‘Click here to Register’ button, and select Member of the Public on the subsequent page.
- If you have registered, but have forgotten your password, fill in your email address and click on the ‘I’ve forgotten my password button’ and your password will be sent to you via email.
- After registration you will receive a confirmation email. You must click on the confirmation link before you can logon to the system.
- Once you have logged on or registered you will be taken to your home page on the Gknowmix system.
Once you have logged on, you will be taken to your home page. From here you will be able to order genetic counselling. A test can only be requested after providing the contact details of the referring healthcare professional.
The following services are currently available using a combined service and research approach with ethics approval:
- Request Genetic Counselling.
- Request a Service -> Cardiovascular GeneScreen.
- Request a Service -> Wellness GeneScreen.
- Request a Service -> Breast Cancer GeneScreen.
Once you have selected a service or Test Request, simply follow the screens and supply the necessary information to complete the Service Request. If you have not completed the necessary information to complete a Service Request, the system will guide you through the process of providing the necessary information.
- Edit my Details – > Use this function to edit your personal details, such as email address etc.
- Change Healthcare Practitioner – Use this function to modify your referring Healthcare Practitioner’s details.
- Requested Service List. The Requested Service List will display any services that you have requested.