Gknowmix works with scientists worldwide to create, develop and introduce value-adding genomic solutions for application in clinical practice.
Medical scientists who developed a new assay or algorithm involving genetic testing, could commercialize their discoveries and intellectual property through the Gknowmix service delivery system. This involves development of report templates using the Gknowmix logic engine, which pools information from different sources for data interpretation and report generation.
Endorsement by GknowmixTM requires authorization of test reports by the scientist or a qualified representative of the research team involved in the original creation of the healthcare solution. The generation of reports using the Gkowmix software program is based on the clinical information provided by the referring healthcare practitioner and client, followed by addition of the test results by the laboratory performing the analysis. Our informative test reports generally include both a diagnostic and risk management component to fulfill the promise of personalized medicine.
As part of the service delivery process, a genetic database is build that translates into a new approach in healthcare: Pathology Supported Gene-based InterventionTM. The comprehensive “Genescreens” developed for patients with cardiovascular disease, breast cancer, etc. can also be included in Wellness Programs offered by medical schemes and clinicians involved with workplace health and other healthcare initiatives. Registered medical scientists involved in the development phase would remain part of the service delivery process by authorizing test reports and participate in the market education process.
Gknowmix welcomes proposals from scientists and clinicians who are interested in co-development of new service offerings. You are invited to participate in the exciting process of translating research into clinical practice.
Please Note, scientists may request genetic tests for research purposes.
Logging in / Registering
- In your browser navigate to http://www.gknowmix.com.
- Click on the Login | Register button on the top right hand side of the screen.
- If you have already registered, fill in your email address and password and click on the ‘Login’ button.
- If you have not yet registered, click on the ‘Click here to Register’ button, and select Scientist on the subsequent page.
- If you have registered, but have forgotten your password, fill in your email address and click on the ‘I’ve forgotten my password button’ and your password will be sent to you via email.
- After registration you will receive a confirmation email. You must click on the confirmation link before you can logon to the system.
- Once you have logged on or registered you will be taken to your home page on the Gknowmix system.
Once you have logged on, you will be taken to your home page. From here you will be able to order various services.
The following services are currently available for Scientists
who have been authorised:
- Request a Service -> Cardiovascular GeneScreen.
- Request a Service -> Wellness GeneScreen.
- Request a Service -> Breast Cancer GeneScreen.
- Request a Service -> Counselling.
Once you have selected a service, simply follow the screens and supply the necessary information to complete the Service Request. If you have not completed the necessary information to complete a Service Request, the system will guide you through the process of providing the necessary information.
- Edit my Details – > Use this function to edit your personal details, such as email address etc.
- Requested Service List. The Requested Service List will display any services that you have requested.